Friday, April 22, 2016

Five on Friday {Books I have read}

It is FINALLY Friday, and Lord knows I could not be happier! This week has been trying at best. Tim started his new job last week, but this was his first full week and is working in the evenings. I will come home from work and we have about a 1/2 hour before he leaves. At work, I have been placed on two more projects, and I am happy to be involved in them, as I get to learn more and show my leadership skills. Stressful, yes. Yet, all of this is a blessing, so I am not complaining.
Thankfully, I still have time to do one of my favorite things, and that is reading.

Here are my top 5 favorite books for the month of April;

1. When the Moon is Low by Nadia Hashimi

I am not going to write nearly as much as I did in my Goodreads review, nor am I going to give a book report on it either. However I will say this book hit my heart and soul and I will never be the same. The story is about a family in Afghanistan, trying, desperately to get to England to escape the Taliban and the war. The story is about their journey, and really the journey that many refugees take to get to a better place. 
It is a sad, beautiful, inspiring and hopeful story all in one. If you have not read it I encourage you to pick up a copy.










2. The Dinner by Herman Koch

If you read or saw the movie Gone Girl and enjoyed it's twisted plot, then you will enjoy The Dinner. This book is crazy and hits the deep dark pits of humanity. However it leaves you with the question "would I have done the same?"








3. The Forgotten Room by Lincoln Child

I listened to this one on Audible, which is an amazing App I just recently discovered. You can try it for 30 days for free, but you only get one credit which is good for one book. None the less, if you like to listen to books on tape, this is a pretty good deal and it's on your phone. 
The story is a great thriller, mystery and adventure. I enjoyed how the plot and characters developed and you really don't see what is coming next.  I would listen to this on my way to work and had a hard time turning it off.



4. The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova


I read this book a long time ago, and burned the midnight oil for almost a week to finish it. It is also a mystery novel, and is well, creepy. 









5. Saint Mazie by Jami Attenberg

Saint Mazie is a fun read, about a time in the distant memory of our history. Mazie is a fun character, and the book is written like a diary, which can get confusing because it is many characters view of the same story. None the less, a fun one.





Well, there you have it. Make sure you pop on over to http://alizadventures.blogspot.com/ to link up with her and other pretty awesome blogs.


Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment