Friday, May 22, 2015

Five Minute Friday {Rise}

Well, it's Friday! And a three day weekend! Woot! Thankfully we have absolutely  NOTHING planned except spending time together as a family. Our kids have been going through a lot at their other parents house (co-parenting is challenging even if you get a long with your ex, which I do not), so we want to just spend the beginning of summer together with the kids, and start it off right.

So, Five Minute Friday is a weekly blogging community that I try to get on weekly. You can see more about it here.


This weeks prompt. RISE.

Ready. Set. GO.

I have always been an early riser. I am one of those people who actually enjoy being up early in the morning and get a head start on my day.
What I enjoy the most is that I can enjoy a cup of coffee in peace before the rest of the house wakes up. Then I take a few minutes on my devotional or prayers. On the weekends I will start on some quiet chores, maybe get a yummy breakfast in the oven and be well into my day by 9 a.m.
My goal is to have my errands and chores done by noon, so I can enjoy the rest of the day.

In Proverbs 31:15-16 it says " She rises while it is still night, and distributes food to her household, and a portion to her maidservants"
In other words, get up. Humans are the only mammals that rise after dawn. Americans are probably the worse. Yes I enjoy sleeping in just as much as anyone, but I also wake up at 3:30 to go to work, so to sleep until 5 am is blissful!

I try to give the most of my days to God, to serve HIM in all that I do. Serving the Lord is serving your family, your husband, your job, whatever God has called you to do!



And STOP

Everyone have a blessed weekend!
Thank you to all those who have given their life in defense of our country.





No comments:

Post a Comment