Friday, February 13, 2015

Five Minute Friday {When}


So, I am back. I know it has been a while, and I guess you could say I was having a case of writers block. Actually, it was a combination of writers block and being busy.
I started a new job back in my field. I love it, although I am finding myself underestimating my ability. I was hired on as part of an expansion, and I have an amazing team, and an even more amazing boss. I am beating myself up at the end of the day because I feel like I have accomplished nothing, but I come back the next day with the previous day's work completed.

One of my new years resolutions was to write more. Now, that I have this magical thing called time (funny how now, working full time, having 6 kids and a husband, I seem to have the time) I am trying to commit to at least one blog post a week.

So here it is. Five Minute Friday. You can find out more about it by clicking here.

This weeks writing prompt is WHEN.

Ready. Set. Go.

When will I ever get my life together? This is a reoccurring theme that dances around in my head.  I just had a birthday (I am 33) and I feel like I should have more accomplished than I do.  When will I buy a house for my family to grow up in, and my husband and I to grow old in? When will I actually start loosing this weight that I have carried around for the past decade? When will I finish school? When...
When..
When God says it is time.
Why am I spending so much time worrying about the when will this happen, rather than making the plan to get the gears in motion? Why am I not living in the present, enjoying life, rather than worrying about the future and when things will happen?
Because I am not fully trusting God.

Wow-where did that last sentence come from? 
Maybe someone is trying to tell me something.
I am not going to wake up tomorrow in our dream house, back in a size 6, with another few babies in a crib.
It will take time, and God's will (especially on the last part of that one).
Everything takes time.
When will happen.
Until then...it's now.

Until next time.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your post regarding "when". We, as human beings, seem to have this universal problem of wanting to know "When?" And we get so frustrated with God Who is without time. We are the ones bound by time, and desiring to rule over it. You are correct. This is a trust issue. I recently wrote a guest post for Victoria with Creative Home Keeper, in which I wrote about, "I'll be happy when..."
    Bless you, dear one, on your amazing adventure journey with Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth, what a great post full of transparency and truth. I love how you honestly voiced the questions of your heart, knowing that God knows you are asking them already. I also love that you left the answering of them up to Him. It does all boil down to trust. Will we really trust God with our lives. Blessings to you. Stopping in from #FMFparty.

    ReplyDelete